- To be a world class African Department committed to integrated, interdisciplinary teaching and Research in basic and applied Human Anatomy geared towards health care needs of humanity.
- A centre of learning and scholarship, preparing students for academic pursuits, medical professional training, enhanced personal lives and responsible global citizenship; extending frontiers of knowledge through relevant interdisciplinary Research; fostering an intellectual culture that bridges basic science and clinical practice; contributing to the enhancement of health of humanity.
- Perform integrated interdisciplinary teaching and research with the highest level of ethics and professionalism, to meet the needs of stakeholders; and be responsive to changing global trends.
- Promote and defend the freedom of thought, academic inquiry, expression and association.
- Demonstrate sensivity to student welfare and staff needs, and to practice environmental stewardship to the highest standards.