- Candidates will be selected after the end of the second year of the MBChB. course.
- The BSc. (anatomy) course will normally be available between the second and third year of the MBChB. degree course.
- The course which will be on full time basis extending over three terms will consist of discussion classes, tutorials, practical and filled work with special reference to the development of skills related to conducting original investigations, the analysis of data and the preparation of papers containing original observations. Students will \ be required to present at least two comprehensive review papers per term, the nature of the paper and the precise number to be determined by the department of the Human Anatomy in consultation with the external examiner. Students will be required to undertake extensive guided reading.
- The common regulations for the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Dental Surgery apply.
- The following shall be eligible for admission:
- Registered students for the course of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or Bachelor of Dental Surgery, who have scored distinction grade in Human Anatomy and at least a credit passes in any two of the following; Biochemistry, physiology and/or oral biology and have passed their second year examinations for their core degree course.
- Students at equivalent levels from other schools of the University of Nairobi and other Universities, recognized by the University of Nairobi senate, who meet the above criteria, subject to an entry examination.
- In addition to the above admission requirements, the applicants are expected to complete their core courses especially M.B.Ch.B/BDS, thereafter, Provide proof of proficiency in use of English language.
- Teaching and instruction in Human Anatomy.
- Further training in related medical fields
- Anatomical and medical research
Fees and Funding
|Tuition Fees||Ksh. 50,000.00|
|Supervision Fee||Ksh. 15,000.00|
|Written Exam||Ksh. 5,000.00|
|Computer Fee||Ksh. 5,000.00|
|Activity Fee||Ksh. 2,000.00|
|Medical Fee||Ksh. 5,000.00|
|Caution Money||Ksh. 5000.00|
|Laboratory fees||Ksh. 60,000.00|
|Research fees||Ksh. 100,000.00|
|Total (Local students)||KShs. 251,500.00|
|International students||KShs. 314,375.00|
NOTE: The above fees is applicable to both local and international students.