The philosophy of the Department of Human Anatomy in developing this programme is guided by the need to connect with and inspire health professionals to provide leadership and stewardship in the anatomical sciences to enhance evidence-based clinical practice. We are also cognizant of the need to train anatomy educators with a strong grounding in the subject. This programme is offered to clinicians and educators so that they can have a deeper understanding of the structure of the human body, and acquire application skills for integration of a high level of knowledge and understanding of the human body to clinical practice and the teaching of anatomy at undergraduate and postgraduate level. The programme purposes to give hope and faith to students that they can excel in their clinical, academic and research areas with deep passion, moral responsibility and a sense of patriotism as they serve the larger Kenyan population with evidence-based practices.
This course shall be undertaken for a minimum of two years. In the first year the students will undertake the coursework, whilst the research component of the course will be undertaken in the second year.
The common regulations for the Masters’ degrees of the School of Medicine at the University of Nairobi shall apply. The following shall be eligible for admission:
- Holders of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
- This curriculum is available for individuals who wish to persue intercalated MSc. Anatomy if they have completed their first year of Mmed in A surgical Discipline.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries shall provide evidence of proficiency in English
- In addition to the provision of evidence to the provision of eligibility for admission, candidates may be required by the faculty to appear for an interview to determine their suitability for admission.
- Applicant must have completed at least 600 contact hours of human anatomy at the undergraduate level
- Applicants must be registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
1. Teaching human anatomy.
2. Further training in anatomical fields.
3. Research in human and translational anatomy
Fees and Funding
|CAUTION - (ONCE)||5,000.00||-||5,000.00|
|EXAMINATION (PER UNIT @1000)||5,000.00||20,000.00||25,000.00|
|MEDICAL FEE (PER YEAR)||6,500.00||6,500.00||13,000.00|
|ICT SERVICES - (PER YEAR)||7,000.00||7,000.00||14,000.00|
|ID CARD ( PER YEAR)||1,000.00||1,000.00||2,000.00|
|LIBRARY (PER YEAR)||5,000.00||5,000.00||10,000.00|
|REGISTRATION (PER SEMESTER@2250)||4,500.00||4,500.00||9,000.00|
|ACTIVITY-( PER YEAR)||2,000.00||2,000.00||4,000.00|
|STUDENT ORGANISATION(PER YEAR)||1,000.00||1,000.00||2,000.00|
NOTE: The above fees is applicable to both local and international students.